I have to say that for the mere fact that we are moving here in the next two weeks, it has given me reason to ponder why I didn't want to move two years ago when Jake was deciding whether to go to Virginia Tech (now I'm thinking we made the right decision, considering the recent events there) or to stay at the University of Utah!
The tediousness of putting things that you don't really need; but think you might need into these brown paper things shaped like boxes is beyond me. I have to say that anyone who starts there own moving company is out of their mind. I mean seriously why would you choose to move someone else... isn't it bad enough to do it for yourself!
Given that, I am grateful that this forces me into something that I'm not very good at! Throwing things away. Yep that's right I am a kleptomaniac!!! I cannot get rid of anything; or should I say don't want to! However I am getting better thanks to Jake and thanks to our apartment that is much too small for Two adults and two children. Funny that in other countries a family of four would be cozy in a home such as ours. But, let's not get into that, that would mean we are selfish and prudes! And well, we are anything but; right!
But on we go, to the tedious task of packing and going through things that you know you hate, but feel you should keep. And let's not forget the memories that come from all the things that should make a new home in the garbage can, but yet somehow still remain, comfy and cozy and taking up space yet again in a box that will be making it's way shortly to storage or to your new home!
Kids, that just adds a whole new dimension to the packing and throwing out the old. They are worse than I at collecting; things such as: McDonald's happy meal toys, toys that someone else doesn't want but give to your kids, so they don't have to deal with them. Then there is the cheap toys that go to fill stockings or easter baskets. I mean it's never ending.
So anyway, now you are feeling my pain and I will leave it at that. Next time I promise to post on a totally different subject!
Love you all :)
No comments:
Post a Comment