Thursday, June 28, 2007

Blessings

I have been thinking a lot lately about blessings; and after hearing late Tuesday night that a relative of mine was in a horrible bicycle accident while training for a Tri, things hit a little too close to home. How interesting, that soon after an email from my mother came to my inbox which included her Relief Society lesson for Sunday; titled Gratitude!

How quick I am to whine about the difficulties of not being in a home yet; or quam about our car that isn't working at the moment, or complain that my kids are too needy! I swear, as I am making this list; I am feeling like the worlds most ungrateful human being.

I wish I were that person, who was always quick to smile, the first to ask how your doing, didn't need to be asked if something needed helping. I could go on and on; however maybe that is why there are days like today or weeks like this week.

I am sure that my imperfections and my struggles are nothing in comparison to those around me; and yet it is so easy to trifle about my life; about those thing in my life that I deem are not as they should be.

I guess at this time; I am simply saying, that I am grateful! Grateful for a wonderful husband who is incredibly smart and talented and for the mere fact that he CHOSE me! For two insermountably beautiful and talented children. For my health and my families health and well being. For the country in which we live, and for the incredible blessing to be an American and the freedom to practice any religion, and to know that God lives and loves me!

I am grateful for this moment, whether it lasts for a while or is torn from the day to day struggles of motherhood, and the duties that go with it. I hope and pray that I will be grateful always for these things that I have mentioned. I love my family, I love my parents and my

husbands parents; I love that I can call my sisters up and without reason show up at their doorstep and be treated as if I lived there all the time.

I am grateful for friends who look past my shortcomings and understand that I'm still a good person; even when I say or do stupid things! (And love me even when I'm crazy & fun)! I love my friends who are there for me w/o question. ( you know who you are) You are like family to me.

I have a basket over flowing with blessing that I am grateful for! Thank you HF for you generous love!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Give yourself some credit lovely! You are an amazing friend, amazing mother, and an amazing person in this World! Yes we all murmur here or there, but you are an incredible woman with so much that you always sincerly offer others. I can't thank you enough for the friendship that you have given me. I can't wait to see you Monday! Love you...

Unknown said...

Hey lady:

It did me great good to read your blog, thanks for putting things in perspective, again. Ruth's right, give yourself some credit, we all have our down times, but thankfully, the merry-go-round goes up again.

We are blessed, and I think when all is said and done, these here and now things that make life easier and more fun are really just that, here and now. The things that really matter, you-we, are all blessed abundantly with.

You are one of our greatest blessings, and your family of course! Love you lots and lots, MOM