Wednesday, April 2, 2008

I'm back!

I know you all thought I disappeared off the face of the earth... well maybe I did? All I know is time just disappears! I am going to go off on a soap box for a minute; so beware. Things have been pretty crazy around here; between Jake teaching at the U three times a week, and the kids, preschool, lia sophia, almost buying a house (which we are not anymore), trying to figure out where to live since our place is for sale, waitressing at my parents new restaurant in Mapleton whenever they need me; and now I'm coaching my little sisters softball team, well let's just say, there isn't enough time in the day to blog, let alone anything else practically. Do I love it, yes, most of the time, I think so anyway... do I need a VACATION! Holy cow, yes... but when it comes down to it, I am grateful that we are blessed with so many wonderful things. And I'm grateful that we are healthy enough to be able to do all these crazy things. Life has been crazy to say the least... so to catch you up on what's been going on with the Gines' well here it goes! Jake and I like always like to get out, so usually every Friday or Saturday we try to get out with some friends, usually bowling, (which by the way I kicked Jake, Owen and Ash's behinds in not 1 but 2 games of bowling) thank you very much, dinner, games, you name it we enjoy it. The kids, well nothing too new. Kenzie is reading now, she just decided one day that she wanted to learn how to read, so now instead of me reading to her, it's usually the other way around. What's amazing is, she really does most of the reading. She is miss smarty pants. Holden, well he is teacher's pet, that is when it comes to the primary chorister. Whenever she asks a question, he's the first to raise his hand, and then he jumps up and starts leading... it really is so cute! What can I say, my children love the lime light! I am busy with lia sophia, and I've been running 3 times a week at 6 in the morning, which by the way never gets easy, each day sucks as bad as the last. Aghhhh... I hate those mornings, but I love it once I'm up. I wish I was a morning person. How does one become a morning person? I have my 10 year reunion coming up this June! Holy Cow, I am starting to feel old. Not old as in OLD, but old as in, I remember when I was in high school thinking that people as old as I am now were so OLD! So what does that make me? Overall, we are good! We have been blessed with so many things, and I am truly grateful to my heavenly father for all he has given us! Jake is loving work at Scholz and Assoc. and will continue to work there forever I imagine. He is basically the senior associate and between that, the U, and me hiring him to speak at my meetings, he stays quite busy. Oh and let's not forget he has decided that he is going to run the Springville 1/2 marathon in August, and possibly the St. George marathon in October. I will be running the Springville 1/2; and still think a marathon is crazy. So, I think we will be sufficiently busy this summer. All I can say, is I'm looking forward to our St. George trip in May and our Disneyland trip in August! Hallelujah!!!

Here is McKenzie and Holden at their Freedom Program that their Preschool did. They did such a good job, their teacher really is so great at what she does (the little old lady with red hair).

3 comments:

Natalie Jensen said...

yeah welcome back to the blogging world we missed you! good luck with everything

Celeste said...

Holy Shomoly you guys are BUSY!!!! I don't know how you do it! I don't do a darn thing and feel like I'm already super duper busy. I didn't know your parents opened a new restaurant. What is it? We might have to visit.

Audra Gines said...

I think we are crazy!!! Lol, you know we are! Anyway, the restaurant my parents opened is super cute, it's in Mapleton, it's called the Model A Cafe... come eat with us we'd love to take you there!