Thursday, August 27, 2009

True Friends

B/c I am writing this with my left hand only; it will be short, but I have been thinking a lot lately about what a true friend is. I have now lived in Springville for two years, to be honest; it's so annoyingly clicky down here I have yet to meet a great friend i can turn to for anything and everything. Which makes me miss my friends from SLC so much more these days. I have lots of people whom I call friends, however there are only a handful who I know care for me as much as I them, you know the ones who call you as much as you call them, the ones who love your crazy kids no matter what they do, the ones who instinctively pick up the phone just when you need it the most!

I miss my friend whom I met waiting to be sat at Bambay House, how we clicked is beyond me, but our friendship is one of my favs; she became my gym partner who made me laugh, who got me started on tri's; I miss her cute kids and our long phone conversations. I miss her cute house which I adoringly wished were mine, and her ability to do anything and make it look easy.

I miss Jake and my best friends who used to sit at our house long into the night, laughing until the wee hours of the morning, I miss play dates at the park, swimming, kids playing and all the good things that go with it... if you were here right now I would hug you and let you know what that time meant to me, and how I have cherished those memories.

My best friend from high-school moved home for the summer, and she and I and another best friend couldn't reminisce long enough, couldn't laugh hard enough or share in each others struggles enough; we would talk for hours and hours neglecting everything else around us, only to leave filling happier than before!

Thank you to mine and Jake's cruise buddies/ dinner comps/ tri junkies/ they have become some great friends down here in zoobie land!

True friends are not an easy find, they are a once in a lifetime find...I am truly grateful to those friends out there who have touched my life. And made me a better person!

xoxo
Aud

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Audra,
I miss you! It's been forever...just so you know, I consider you a true friend. :) Sorry about your hand, I was thinking about you today and all the things we do with our right hand! I can only imagine how frustrating that would be!
Let's get together soon...maybe in the fall things will have slowed down for us and we can start hanging out more!
I liked your post and have been thinking about friends in my life lately too. It's crazy how people are placed in our lives at the times we need them most! Yeah for good friends!!
love ya,
-Cristina

Audra Gines said...

You are wonderful, and thanks for being such a great friend...and yes I cant wait to start hanging out again; dido!

Anonymous said...

K, I am all teary. Really. I miss you so so much!!! I called you tonight, before I even read this post, so I guess that means you know I really really do love you. I could tell on you facebook post something was up.

I hear ya. Good friends are so hard to come by. But thank goodness that once you find a good friend, you have them for life. As you are to me. I love you. Can't wait to talk soon! Kisses...

BTW, Jotham bumped into James Bartlett in the ER at the hospital in Tampa! Small world!!! Put in a good word for me to Lindsey, because I need a friend out there! :)

Linz said...

We miss you guys tons!!!! We are trying to see if we can come out in June possably.
Miss you both and the munchkins!!!
-James

Audra Gines said...

Linz did u get that... hug my friend when they get down there for me... and Ruth give Linds a hug...I miss you both~

Linz said...

I was about to tell you I saw Jotham as I was about to intubate a guy yesterday. Crazy -- he wants to cut into brains instead of ovaries now. It was cool to see him, but we were both busy and didn't get to chat. Now you have TWO families to stay with down here -- we have tons of room for you guys to hang in. ---James