Thursday, November 4, 2010

Who has time!

Life is crazy right now.  After two years of not so fun hair turning gray stress!  It's nice to be busy and be busy in a good way.  Jake is teaching his fourth year at the U, who would have thought.  Initially it was only for one year I guess they decided they like him? He is so amazing and driven, he constantly amazes me at the tenacity he has.  He is working so hard to build his resume, he is Co-chair of a committee called AIA, as well as part of YAF (Young Architects Forum), he is now a member of the U's faculty committee.  He recently applied for an award for Young Up and Coming Architects.  He spends countless nights going over his Portfolio with a fine toothed comb.  I think he secretly can't wait till his multiple job status get's cut down to one and then if he wants to practice on the side so be it.

Kenzie is so smart.  She is one of the top two in her class... constantly coming home with 100% on all her tests and homework.  She has a lot of Jake in her, she is very meticulous, homework has to be perfect, she did her Reflections project this year all by her self, which was actually pretty cool 3-D art. She started voice lessons and wishes she were in dance as well.  If only there were enough time in the day!

Holden will be participating in Jr. Jazz this next month.  He is so excited and will get to meet a Jazz player and get to go to a Jazz game.  Pretty cool!  He is incredibly creative, always building crazy things with items outside and for Reflections this year designed and constructed a pretty amazing contemporary building.  Better than some students work at the U.  Seriously!  I think he will win an award... don't tell.

I am taking two classes at the U this semester.  I now know that I was spoiled last semester with my show up to class take notes and every few weeks take a test.  I have officially mastered that sort of class.  However this semester has definitely helped me to realize that my initial thought of taking more classes who'd have totally been a disaster.  I am taking an ESS 2500 or Exercise and Sports Science entry level class.  As well as intro to stats. They are both classes full of busy work.... and lots of it.  It is exhausting at times and I want to say, really really you need the same information in three different papers and I'm suppose to submit those together!  What part of crazy don't you understand.

I will be so glad when this semester is over! Whew, with all that said, I am still glad I'm in school, the kids seem to be used to it and Jake is a champ at getting them ready on T/TH mornings and out the door to school.  How lucky am I to have such a supportive Hubby!

I am also volunteering for a program at the U called U-fit!  It's a program where parents can bring their children with disabilities, anything ranging from Down-Syndrome to Autism, ADHD +. I had a lot of respect for parents with children with disabilities but I have realized that these parents are truly amazing.  Most of them have multiple children with some form of disabilities and how they manage on a day to day basis in beyond me.  Even children with high-functioning disabilities need so much one on one attention and most need constant one on one attention.  Pair that with medical expenses and working full time jobs, it is like two or three full time jobs.

It makes me so grateful for my three children who are healthy and strong.  I am so easily distracted from my busy life that I forget to love and appreciate them and their sweet little personalities and creative abilities!  I love them so much, and as any parent would say, I would do anything for them!

It also makes me so grateful for being a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.  To know that someday your child if they were to have a disability would one day be able to have a perfect body and spirit is a beautiful thing.  I am grateful for this knowledge!

No comments: