Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Whew!


With finals over and two major injuries to my little boys I am happy to say, I lived through a rough day yesterday!

This is what happened:

So here is a little peak at what my day was like! I had my ESS final presentation this morning from 9-10:30am, studied all day for my stats, at 4:50pm Holden starts crying (more like screaming)..."mom come here, hurry, come here now!", I run in to the kitchen to see him holding his finger over the sink with blood spilling out of his finger. 

He had apparently been snooping around my cupboard and found a exacto knife.  He took it outside and was trying to cut wood... (how many times have we told him not to play with knives!) well, the blade went straight across the top of his left pointer finger, even little pieces of fat were hanging out, awesome right!


As I'm looking at it, I'm thinking holy crap this doesn't look good and my next thought, crap I have a final in an hour!  We ran him to the insta care here in Sugar House and they got him right in, I'm positive that is the quickest trip to the doctor's ever.  I told them I had a stats final at 6 and they were awesome!  

Well, five stitches later and a otter pop and we were off to my final! I got there just after 6!  Jake then takes the kids home, and not 30 minutes later Dash trips on a pillow and falls head first into the piano bench!  Another gash in the eyebrow of my baby. Luckily we were able to butterfly bandage it up and cover it with another band-aid! 

I literally felt like I was going to throw up last night after I got home. What a crazy day! I have no idea how I did on my final because I felt so frazzled through the whole thing, which leads me to believe I may be in need of a generous teacher!  Who know's, my last test I thought I'd done horrible and ended up with a 92, so you never know!

After a long bath and some r&r, I am feeling a little better today!

All I can say is I am definitely in need of this month off for Christmas break!

Holden had his Spanish immersion Christmas program today, he did awesome!




Holden's part is right after this song! He did such a good job, it was so cute!




1 comment:

Audra Gines said...

Sorry I am having trouble uploading the video! More to come, hopefully :)