Monday, October 8, 2007

Sweet Prayers!

Holden said the cutest prayer tonight, so here is as much as I can remember:
Mommy: Dear Heavenly Father
Holden: No, Mom I can say it all by myself... Dear Heavenly Father, I am so thankful for my family, for my Daddy, for my sister that pinches, on the skin... for my mommy and her white skin....
Mommy: I'm so grateful for the church
Holden: No, Mom, I am going to say it. I am so thankful for the church and for my cousins!
Mommy: In the name of
Holden: Jesus Christ, Amen.

It's hard for me to allow Holden to be the big boy that he is... it seems like I pushed Kenzie way
more than I allow Holden to be pushed. I think I want him to remain my baby forever, which obviously won't happen. One of these days he's going to be as tall as I am! And then what?













Kenzie on the other hand, her prayers go on forever, and they are very thorough! Her prayers are probably better than mine. When she prays, she makes sure that even the peas and the carrots, and the water are blessed. She goes through every person she knows and blesses them personally. She always remember Uncle Dana on a mission and Cousin Keith in Iraq. When I listen to Kenzie's prayers, it makes me wish I had the tender heart that she does. Even though she is so sassy and stubborn, she's smarter than anyone could possibly know. She notices more than the average child, which makes me the mother have to be very careful about what I do and say. I am always afraid I am going to hurt her little spirit, I pray that I don't and that I can help her grow into the beautiful child of God that she is!

No comments: