Sunday, January 13, 2008

Charades!

Tonight we had some of Jake's old High-School friends over for dessert, we had such a good time, and you wouldn't believe it if I told you, Annie used to be one of Jake's girlfriends. Jeremy and Annie got married a year (I think) after Jake and I. I think Annie is incredibly nice and cute. Jake sometimes thinks I'm crazy that I don't let things like that bother me. But, I guess that is a blessing, or at least that is how I see it. I am not one to get jealous, especially over an ex-girlfriend! Besides, if I let that get in the way, I wouldn't have found out what great people she and her husband are. I really enjoy being around them and hope that we can get to know each other better.

After they left, with their two incredibly cute kids, the oldest Luke is Holden's age, and Eva is 18 months old. Their little girl makes me a little baby hungry! She was adorable! Anyway, after they left we started playing "Charades" with Kenzie and Holden.

I am not sure why I thought of Charades, all I could think about was the fact that I get so sick of the television on. And of course, Kenzie wanted to watch The Chronicles of Narnia! So, luckily I brainstormed and we ended up having a great time.

McKenzie went first, we would pick an animal and she would act it out, then Holden jumped right in and would guess what she was acting out. Then he got a turn and took to it unbelievably quick. We went back and forth for probably a half an hour. It was great and the kids had such a good time. I love that they are both at an age where they can interact with each other! They really play so good together most of the time, it's great to see this as a parent, instead of the fighting!

Now we get to play it again for family home evening!!! We'll probably have to play it every night, that is usually how it goes, right?

No comments: