Monday, June 15, 2009

All nighter!

Ok, so Jake and I don't often get the chance to go to movies or rent movies, however we have discovered the "Red Box" which I have to say is probably one of my new favorite things. So the other night I decided it was a Red Box night and I went to get a movie and came home with three. I know I know. One was for the kids, the other two were movies that I wanted to see, no they were not just chick flicks, one was "Taken" and the other was "Nights in Rodanthe". We got the kids settled up in Kenzie room and started the movie on the comp. And then Jake and I headed down stairs for some long awaited TLC... which basically means, no kids and quiet. Quiet? What is that with three kids. Anyway, Taken was the first choice. And I have to say, I chose this one, not Jake. That's right, I did. I have been wanting to see this for some time, and it by far exceded my expectations all except for the end where his daughter kind of ruined it with her bubbly ditzy personality which would not be the true case had she actually been abducted and treated the way I'm sure those girls are treated. However take that part out and I loved the movie. Leam Neeson is amazing and I'm still trying to figure out where he came from.

He's obviously older and the first time I remember seeing him was in "Batman Begins". Did I miss something. Anyway, I like him. Enough said!

The other movie "Nights in Rodanthe" was great. And knowing before hand that since I have previously read the book I wasn't sure what to expect simply b/c books/movies cannot be compared (most of the time). Books are always better and it is solely because in books your senses take over... you hear their thoughts, you smell the smells, you know what it tastes like. In movies they cannot portray that and therefor you are left out of a large part of the story. Take for example when Richard Gere playing Paul Flanner first see's Adrienne Willis played by Diane Lane on the balcony of the beach house he was thinking, wow she has a nice figure she looks beautiful and notices that she has been crying, among other things. In the movie he just seemed ticked off, which I think he was but in the movie you didn't get those other feelings.

Anyway, all in all I loved both movies... and it was worth the 2am bedtime.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I loved Taken but I agree with you on the ending...that daughter would have been so traumatized after all of that...she wouldn't be leaving her dad's side and she definetely wouldn't be smiley and happy! Good show tho for sure!

Owen said...

umm hello - Audra, Liam Neeson was Qui-Gon Jinn from star wars Epo 1!!