So, I had my check up today and I have to say it was interesting. The first thing the doctor says is, "You know, it's nice to get that baby here sooner than later right?" And I say "that's what I hear!" "Well, it's the same thing you did to get the baby here in the first place..." I say "right".
"But", said the Dr. it's not the intercourse that does it, it's the S ---- that does it", (sorry I would actually say that normally, but it seems kind of weird to say it in a blog.) You know what the guy expels. So anyway, I think, that's interesting, I didn't know that. Then the Dr. follows with "so, you need to stay down and let it sit for a while after".
To myself I'm thinking, "isn't that how you get infections.... on the other hand if it get's the baby here, then so be it. I will go and do what the Dr. commands!"
So the appointment goes on, and I'm loving when he tells me, "you do that and you'll probably have that baby in no time." Sweet, really, is that all it takes, we could have had the baby last night, had I known all I had to do was stay down afterwards. LOL< to much info, sorry, I want this baby here, and I'm ready and willing to do whatever necessary (except drink Castor Oil, I know what that does to you)!
I did efface more, from 75% to 80% but dilating wise I was pretty much the same, not surprising to me, I know that once things start happening, it will go quite fast.
However, considering the doctor that checked me today, and that his fingers are twice the size of a normal males, I might allow myself to think I may be a little bit more dilated than he say's. Or lets hope he takes into account that his fingers are the size of large Sausages, then we'll stick with what he says. Either way, I'm not sure it matters, we just want this baby here.
So, here it goes, I'm sure Jake won't be bias with my plan, in fact I'm pretty sure he will be 100% supportive. And hopefully, if the Dr. is right, this baby will be here in the next day or two!
Otherwise, I have an appt. on Monday and he will help things along if necessary!
1 comment:
(From James)
Good luck! Jake, enjoy it while it lasts! Audra, you could have asked me years ago and I could have told ya that info.
Miss you guys! We drove to your place and called a bunch of times but no-one was round and we couldn't get either of you on your cell's. I think we left a message, but I'm not sure.
I was in Utah for a short time but had to come back for work after the wedding. Lindsay was there a bit longer.
Since it's freakin' freezing out there, and we have warm beaches in the summer, I think a visit is in order!!! Good luck with the babe's.
-James
Post a Comment