Friday, March 27, 2009

He's almost here!

Yeah, Jake will be home tomorrow around 6 or 6:30pm. The kids and I can't wait, it's gone so fast and yet not fast enough!

On a more serious note, I really have missed Jake. I'm so much the independent wife that I usually just run on borrowed fuel while he goes away w/o really thinking about how much he is missed. But, I have to admit this go around it really hit me about a week into it how lonely my life would be if he weren't around. I was sitting in bed one night, (and actually I was thinking about this again last night) thinking about if I would be able to deal with him never being home. The answer is I'm sure somehow I would but what would I prefer, and the answer to that question is a resounding NO, "I would much prefer him by my side". I know that seems like a silly question, but I'm always thinking (which is a lot of my issues right there) about what if's. And that just happened to be one this last week.

Jake is my everything, he is my best friend, my companion, my go to man, we talk about everything. Even our high school make-outs, boyfriends, girlfriends, things we shouldn't have done and things we were glad we did. He knows my deepest darkest secrets; including one's he's vowed never to reveal (so don't try) and he knows my deepest desires. I love him for everything he's given to me and done for me.

Given is a interesting word because it does not divulge the true sense of what it really means; things like... he has given me his love, his heart, his friendship. He's given me three beautiful children, a warm home, a supportive pillar in the church and in life. He's given me a secure future (minus this dang economy), and above all he's given me him!

He is my "Mea familia, universum meum" my family, my everything!

I love you babe, your amazing!

No comments: