Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Still Alive!

Yes to all who are wondering if the kids are still alive, just barely! Haha, that is how I feel anyhow. I'm not sure but I think I might actually deserve the Meanest Mom award. All I have done is yell at my kids today, or so it seems. Ahhhh, is there any repreve. Yes it's called bedtime.

So the last week has been doable and yet interesting all at the same time. It's been extremely busy with Jake's side of the family, funny; my family has no time to do anything extra, so there have been lot's of birthdays, Jamie's the first Monday, then Drews was the first Saturday, Liana and Sharee's kids Nick and Bennie's was the first Sunday, Then Cassie's 30th was Monday, it has just gone on and on. I love ya all, but I'm officially all birthdayed out. So, hopefully there will be no more, oh wait I forgot that on Saturday it was a double b-day, that morning was our friends Jena and Casey's little boys up in SLC that morning and Drew's was after that. See, I told you!

Anyway, b/c today has been a little chaotic ( I failed to mention I have the worst sore throat in the entire world, headache and stuffy nose to name a few) and I'm not sure why it happens but it does, maybe Heavenly Father knows something I don't. But, whenever Jake is gone I always magically seem to cross over my cd's called "Women of Destiny". If you have never listened to this music, your missing out. It is my all time favorite inspirational music, it has never failed to make me feel loved, appreciated and allows me to know that there are many other mom's and women out there who feel just like I do most of the time.

Well, the first week Jake was gone I came across the first disc. I listened to it all week and then I had to pull out the second disc. To be honest it make's me cry. Why, b/c I can relate to almost every song on both cd's. And when life sucks and is stressfull, it brings me back to reality in a way that is ok.

When Jake was gone to Bluff two and a half years ago (holy crap, I can't believe it's been so long). I would drive around with the kids on Sundays and cry and listen to the music. Mostly crying because it always touches me and secondly because it's always talking about me. But it always helped me to know I wasn't alone and that Heavenly Father is aware of me, and whether or not I get the answers I'm looking for right away, I do know that eventually things will and do get better.

I love that music is so powerful, Jake often talks about that, unfortunately he's often talking about the power of his music which if you know him it is the Rap or Hip Hop Music he's referrring too. I on the other hand like to listen to inspirational, not all the time but sometimes and definitely when my spirit needs a boost.

So thanks to music, and to a Heavenly Father who knows just what I need when I need it! xoxo

No comments: