Wednesday, March 18, 2009

A night from ___.....

So tonight was Jake's moms birthday (well the entire day was obviously but we celebrated tonight) so we headed over to Bombay House to eat, (we figured since the boys are eating over in India we'll get as close to Real Indian food as we can). The food of course was yummy and since the kids were at my moms, well two of the three, I got to enjoy it somewhat without two crazy kids running all over the place.

So I headed back to my mom's to pick up the kids and headed home. It was then that McKenzie started throwing one of her tantrums. It just got worse the closer to home we got, she kept saying I want to eat the cereal (we borrowed a bag of Rice Krispies from my mom's for morning, because Kenzie insisted on having that kind) when we get home and I told her she'd have to wait till morning. McKenzie not accepting that said... yes I am. This conversation went on again two more times. Finally I rolled down the window and dumped out the cereal. All I could think of was how am I going to teach this little girl that when I say no, it means no. Well, that opened the Pandora box.

She screamed and not only screamed but screamed as loud as she could. Then we got home and she came up the stairs and hit me and said I'm the meanest mom ever and that I must hate her to do that, then she kicked me and hit me until I finally just sat on her until she calmed down. This didn't really happen(her calming down that is). By the time I finally got off my feet were numb. All she kept saying was how she thought I was the meanest mom ever, and she was going to hate me if I didn't get off her. I wasn't even hurting her, I was sitting on my legs more than her, but she kept pinching me and trying to hit me with her head, next came, "I am going to spit on you if you don't let go".

Now I promise I was not abusing her, didn't even come close, however it was that or me having a screaming contest with her and her cont. to try to hurt me, or me try to get her to subside. Obviously nothing really worked. She did eventually calm down but not until I was brought to tears by my failing as a mom. I mean honestly what 6 year old has no regret for all the things she said and did.

I swear she will be the death of me someday! I can't imagine this continuing until she is a teenager if that is the case, I give up now. I can't possibly imagine what life will be like in 10 years! Aghhhhhhhhhhhhh! Was I that bad, is that why I am dealing with this?

I need advise. Any. Please!

2 comments:

Ash, O, Ava Jo and Demi Lu said...

I can't really give you advice...all I can say is that I was just like that when I was little and I always told my mom that I hated her and she didn't care about me and all that stuff Kenz is doing to you. And even tho it took me moving out of the house and "growing up", I did finally realize how much my mom means to me and how much I depend on her. Still do. And I regret all those things I said to her when I was having a "moment". You are a great mom. Don't ever doubt that!

Linz said...

I just got caught up on your blog. It's amazing how one can laugh and cry all in a matter of minutes! Thank for making my day and helping me keep things into perspective!

Keep up the hard work, you are doing great! I am really glad to know that I am not the only one with a daughter that STILL throws a tantrum!!!